Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My left kidney feels a little funny

Right in the spot where my left kidney is I feel something moving around. Maybe it’s my twin or something. Ever since I saw the foot come out of a brain on the Today Show, I think anything is possible. Anyway, given that it is probably not my twin, I am wondering what the heck is going on. I don’t have any pain from it and there’s nothing going on with my bladder or anything from that.

It’s like my left kidney is literally squeezing something thru it. It’s really weird. I would probably be more freaked out, but it doesn’t hurt, it just feels kinda like when your stomach growls or something. You just feel it and know what’s going on. It’s uncomfortable at times and I think it’s making my back tense because my back is tired, but something is definitely going on under my left rib cage in the back.

I don’t really know what to do. I guess I could go to the doctor, but it’s not causing me much pain and if it was a kidney stone, they don’t do much for those anyway, just tell you to drink water and take meds. I’m drinking water and have several strong meds at home if needed from when I hurt my neck while I was asleep.

So I’m living with it. I don’t like standing for a long time, maybe since we were standing all weekend at our sale, it got irritated or something, but seriously a kidney irritated from standing? I can’t handle any more injuries that occur while I am asleep or standing. Good gracious, I might as well ski. Anyway, I’m glad I’m married to an EMT. It’s good to have someone around who is trained with how to keep me alive when things go wrong. It’s one of the many reasons why I love my husband and am glad to be married to him.

No comments: