Sunday, February 8, 2009

food

I have a long, deep relationship with food and it’s time to move on. Obviously I have to still eat, but for me food has been more than just eating. It has been a relationship that always likes me, never makes me feel rejected, and usually leaves me feeling pretty good. David once said that food is my god. I think he is right.

I can resist a lot of temptation, not because I am a good person but because I am stubborn. Food on the other hand, I cannot resist. I think it’s because I have to eat and therefore, cannot ban it completely from me.

I don’t feel condemned for constantly overeating or constantly eating junk food instead of a meal. I just feel it’s time to move on. I have lived this way for to long and I am braking up with food. I am just done. I knew I was done when I realized last night that I don’t even care of my brake up allows me to gain weight.

I don’t know what I am going to do differently and quite honestly, I don’t know if I can do anything differently because as in any relationship it just takes time to move on and because food is everywhere, the temptation to eat poorly is going to be too large to resist a lot of the time.

I don’t care how this happens. I am willing to try anything to get out of this relationship. I want my thoughts to revolve around others and I want my focus to be on relationships instead of constantly on food. I’m tired of it.

I am going to pray that I let go of the food god. I don’t know what will happen. I might gain weight or loose weight or stay the same. I don’t care. I just don’t want to bow down any longer to food. I long for self control and in this country, we are constantly around food, which challenges me.

So, I am going to write a message to food on my blog so that all can see.

Food, you are here to serve me so that I can grow strong and healthy. I was not put here to serve you. I am not going to be serving you any more. You need to find a new master. I am moving on because there is a whole life out there that does not constantly revolve around you. Good-bye.