Sunday, March 29, 2009

vegetable & fruit garden attempt year 2

I love to garden. I love to be outside with my hands in the dirt feeling the sun beat down on me working the ground. I love to have the cats out there (Hester on a leash) walking around where I am working and playing in the grass. However, I am not a great gardener. Last year I had a handful of carrots that where as big as needles, 3 strawberries and 2 small tomatoes. I'm not giving up, this year I will be back in full swing. I'm off to a good start with the inside plants but not so much with the outside ones.  


My inside tomato plant. I love this plant. It sits by the window and just keeps growing. I have 12 separate cherry tomato plants in it. Hopefully, we will give us a lot this year. 




I just planted this strawberry pot a few days ago so nothing has come up yet. The box it came is says that we could have strawberry's growing out of all sides of it. 



My outdoor strawberry pot isn't doing very well. It's from last year. I hope it comes back. 



I planted about 30 seeds in this container and I got nothing. Not one seed made it up. 




Last year my strawberry pot had long running vines and apparently one of the vines got into the dirt. Can you believe it? I actually have a strawberry plant growing right out of the ground and it looks great. I found it last week and have decided that if it survived the whole winter without me touching it maybe I should just let it be. I'm excited for this and hope that it takes off and gives us lots of strawberrys in the years to come. 

No comments: