Sunday, March 22, 2009

we had a great weekend

Michael and I took our friends TJ and Jen up to the mountain with us this past weekend. We had a great time and we were truly blessed by a family who let us stay in their beautiful home up at Alpental. Thank you to the Davis family!!!!



Michael and I swinging on the porch swing, looking out at the snow coming down. 



Stacey and Jen skiing Saturday morning. It was beautiful. There wasn't any fresh snow so it was a little icy at first but the sky was blue and at about 9:30 the top snow melted under the sun and made for a really nice day. 



The patrol were doing recert's on Saturday and I asked if I could be a volunteer patient. They let me and took me down in the toboggan on parachute- a black diamond run. Here's Lori in the front of it and Tammy in the back. Michael took the picture skiing about 15 feet from us backwards down the black diamond. 



Here's Michael taking me down parachute. He did a great job. I totally trust the patrol with my life. I loved going in the toboggan.  



Here we are in front of the Davis' house. It was such a treat to stay somewhere other than the lodge with friends. We slept in warm cozy beds and sat in the hot tub after a full day of skiing. 

No comments: