Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Years!!!!!

2008 was a good year for us. Michael and I didn't send a Christmas letter this year (we just sent the photo) so I thought I'd do a blog letter thing about our 2008. Maybe it'll give me some incentive to get a letter out next year before the Holidays. I certainly enjoy reading everyone else's letter that comes in the mail. 

We started out 2008 by heading to the mountain every other weekend. Michael helped on several calls with the ski patrol and Stacey kept trying (over and over again) to learn to ski. In the end, I had improved greatly - I could get my ski boots on, pick up my skis, hike them up to the path, and ski down about 200 yards without ending up in the patrol room. It was quite the accomplishment. 

After ski season ended, we started preparing for our trip in April to New York and Italy. I had never been in New York City so I was super excited. We divided up responsibilities for the trip - I had the food, packing, and daily agenda and Michael had the transportation. It was a great learning experience for us. New York City was busy and expensive but we still had a fantastic time- we saw the Lion King, strolled thru Central Park, shopped China Town, toured the United Nations, and were on the TODAY Show- OK not really, but if you DVRed the episode we were there for, and paused while the camera turned, you can almost see my shoulder. We then headed to Italy and spent a very relaxed time in Florence and a very busy time in Rome. Once again, shopping, sight seeing and playing. We toured the Vatican and saw the pope. 

Once summer began we were busy every weekend from June - August. We went to Seattle, we saw family, we worked up at Sea Fair, we, well, we did many things and I can't remember the rest of them. Crazy!!!

For our one year we went to Sakura Lodge at Hood River. It was beautiful and we ate the best food. We plan to continue to go back next June and pick strawberry's and then back again in September for the apples and peaches. I made the best peach pie I've ever had - really- it was the fresh peaches, not me. 

Our Fall started with refreshers for ski patrol and then we had 16 inches or so of snow over Christmas. 

2009 will be an interesting year. I can't wait to see what happens with it. 

No comments: