Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My Husband

Michael and I have been married for 5 months this Friday. I have never been married before, so it's relatively new to me. I LOVE IT. One of my favorite things about Michael is that he always tells me he loves me. Just now he walked into my office and reached over to my face with his hand and said 'I love you baby' as he stroked my cheek. I always feel like he loves me very much and that brings me so much joy. I like spending time with him so we really spend every second we can together when we're not at work. Tonight he went with me to look at make-up at JC Penny and then helped me pick out a rice cooker. We went grocery shopping and ate dinner at a hot dog place. I loved it.

Life is hard though and I often wonder what happens to couples who are so in love and then go thru such difficult times. I think about how the three year mark is difficult for a lot of couples and so I think through things that I might start to assume about him or us. I think about how we have so many dreams and friends now but how as life goes on, our time for our friends is less and less and how our dreams have to face reality. So, of course, we have made an effort to get together with friends and are studying what we want our company to look like and how we want to be work for us and for others.

I have to go now because it is late so I will try to blog more later.

1 comment:

Rikki said...

Those are some deep and realistic ponderings you have there. Just remember that when love waxes and wanes, your friendship with your husband can be a glue. We have found that our marriage is getting better and better with time. There are so many growth points in marriage. It's amazing to watch how we can be so mature and filled with wisdom in one area and so imature and filled with pride in another. God is good and his mercy and grace are truely gifts.
You guys will have bumps but it will be okay, just stick together and don't stop talking.
Rikki