Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Yesterday we had our last appointment with the high risk pregnancy doctor. We see a high risk pregnancy doc because I have a two vessel cord. 99% of pregnancies have a 3 vessel cord and I somehow only have 2. It’s not genetic and no one seems to really know why this occasionally happens, but the trouble with it is that it can be common to find various birth defects in two vessel cord babies. Our baby is healthy and we know that because we get to use the ultra sound sonogram with the high risk pregnancy doctor. The main concern for our situation has been that the baby would stop growing and so the doctor takes very specific measurements of the baby each time.

Our baby is growing very well. In fact, a little too well! Her little belly is in the 98 percentile! She is already 6 pounds, 6 ounces and is growing at a steady rate. In fact, the doctor recommended I eat less sugar because of her size. He says that she may turn out to be a 10 pounder!!!! That would be a big baby to deliver.

Here are some fun photos from our sonogram yesterday


The 'bubbles' are actually the umbilical cord.

This is a photo with the umbilical cord in front of her face. When we see the picture at the doctors office, it's actually a video and she kept pushing the cord around. She doesn't like the umbilical cord in front of her face and I don't blame her. I don't like things in front of my face either.

I love her lips.

This one reminded me of someone praying which I thought was kinda cool.




No comments: