Wednesday, January 6, 2010

22 Weeks and Counting

I’m thrilled to be 22 weeks along and over half way there. We’re getting more and more excited every day. Michael and I have started to ‘ready the house’ for the baby. We’re putting in a much larger dresser/bookshelf/storage thing in our bedroom that will hopefully allow us to use our space better. After that, we’re concentrating our focus on the baby girls room. Her room is painted a soft green and I am thinking that the theme I would like for the room will be butterflies, but haven’t decided yet. I can imagine pink and purple butterflies on the drapes and dresser and for the bedding, but I’m still thinking about it. I haven’t found this design on any children’s websites yet and am trying to figure out if I want to create and paint all these things or if buying them would be the better option (hopefully I can find them somewhere because right now I don’t have the option to buy them).

We’re also starting to collect the baby items. We have had incredible generous friends who have given us already so many things. We’re making a list of all the things that we need to get and the list is getting longer and longer. Honestly in a house that is already completely furnished, it’s a little overwhelming to think of where we’re going to put this stuff. I’ve been taking several trips to the Goodwill lately to try to empty some of the space, so that I can put some new things in. We’ve also rearranged our living room so that a glider rocking chair can fit into it better.

Mom got a new dog last week and he is only 2 pounds and SO darn cute. We’re excited because we know that a baby/little kid will love dogs and will now be able to play with one. Michael is excited because our baby can enjoy a dog and he doesn’t have to have it (the dog) in his house all the time. Harley (the little dog) runs around my mom’s house and when she brings him over, Harley likes to chase our cats. It’s pretty hysterical to watch a 2 pound dog chase a 10 pound cat, although I don’t think that Hester or Jaguar appreciate it very much. We’re trying to get them to be friends so that we when one of us is out of town, the other can watch the animals. We’ll see how it goes.

There is so much to do in preparing for your first baby and even more to think about. I think that’s why I haven’t been blogging as much. When I’m not getting something done around the house, I’m resting (Michael is very encouraging about the resting thing for me). So, it leaves little time to blog, but I know I’ll be back on here more and more soon, especially with pictures. Many people have asked me to show them a picture of my pregnant belly and it’s coming soon, I promise.

No comments: