Monday, June 29, 2009

10 things I love about the Couv

10. Our church. I LOVE going to the main church service. I haven’t felt that way about church in a couple of years, so it feels nice. The message always speaks to me and I feel convicted without feeling guilty about whatever I am trying to get away with that week. The service also usually fills me with hope.

 

9. My mom’s house. My mom lives across the street, two doors down. When I am outside, I usually get to see her working in her yard or returning in her car from somewhere. I get to borrow kitchen items and we’ve always got someone eyeing each other’s houses. It’s nice to have her that close.

 

8. Esther Short Park. Michael and I got engaged at that park. He proposed on one knee, holding out the ring, and I said absolutely. We also got our first set of photos taken down there and every time we walk thru the park, I remember those things.

 

7. Clark County CASA. I am a CASA and have been trained in Clark County. I love volunteering at the YWCA. CASA’s office are in the building and that is where I go to meet with my mentor and supervisor.

 

6. Craig’s List Clark County. I know that this is everywhere, but we’ve met some pretty cool people thru Craig’s List. We’re remodeling our St. John’s house and have a met a great contractor who lives in our school district and gave us the 411 on the local schools.

 

5. Our small group. Throughout the last year, we’ve been part of a small group that met on Thursday nights. LOVE IT. It just has very cool, down to earth people in it.

 

4. Vancouver Father’s Market. The best tomato’s in town and we buy all our veggie plant starters from there. I like it rain or shine on Saturday mornings.

 

3. St. John’s. We’re almost ready to rent it out. Michael has painted most of the inside of the house and we hired someone to remove the mold. Michael also found some great kitchen cabinets for the house and the floors are finally in. Hopefully it will be rented on August 12th.

 

2. Our house.  It is really has become our home, cheesy as that sounds.

 

1. Our ‘married with no kids’ group at our church. I LOVE this group. I look forward to it on Saturday nights and I miss it when we cannot attend. It’s so fun to enjoy church. I feel like’s it been years since I’ve felt that way.

2 comments:

Journeying towards Home said...

My sister lives in Portland. They are childless. They desperately need a group like this. I know that it can disruppt a group's cohesiveness to add to many other couples in - my hubby and I are in a married's group we love. But, what church do you go to, and would they add other groups if there is interest?

Thanks! KC

Michael and Stacey said...

We go to New Heights Church in Vancouver. The married without kids group always has people coming into it and going out of it, so we'd love to have your sister join us if she wants. We meet on Saturdays at the church at 6:30 pm, but we we're not meeting again until September. (We're taking the summer off.) I'd love to meet her, though. You can give her my email staciavontastic@gmail.com