Sunday, May 10, 2009

our trip to the lake cabin

My mom bought a cabin at Cougar Lake and Michael and I decided we'd better get up there to see it, so we thought this weekend, being Mother's Day and my Birthday would be the perfect weekend and it was! I was even sunny most of the time. The cabin has 2 bedrooms, a kitchen, plumbing and a fireplace which heats the house. There is no electricity and the nearest cell phone tower is 17 miles away, so there is no service for anyone. It was a really nice get away. 


The cabin is 7 miles Southeast of Mt. St. Helens. You drive around the mountain to get to the cabin. On the way in, this is the view we had of the mountain. It was beautiful!


Michael and I walked around the campsite and found this fun chair. Michael sat in it but it had sap on it and that wasn't much fun. 


Here we are on the Marina. Dave bought a boat, so the next weekend that we are there, we'll be in the water. 


Mom, Dave and Taz on the Marina. 


My chocolate cake for my birthday. We had such a great time!! Thanks mom!!!

No comments: