Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Our New and Somewhat Familiar Life



We married on September 15th in Portland Oregon. We had a blast at our Wedding and are now settling into what we hope to be for the rest of our lives- life together. It's not that different being married. Yea, we have the occasional clothing item left on the floor, we also have to buy food for two people instead of one, we must keep each other informed on our schedules, o yea, and we get to have sex which is God's great gift for relationships. But other than that, it's pretty much the same. I still wake up and wonder why I don't have perfectly clear skin, Michael still works his butt off at his job, there is less and less time to get everything done, and my drive to work still takes me just as long as it did when I was single. We talk about our faith in God (which is super nice to have someone to do that with), we go for walks, we eat out occasionally and we trade off putting away the dishes. All in all, I like being married. I like it a lot more than being single (although it isn't all that different).

2 comments:

Carrie Peeples said...

This is a very fun beginning to your blog! And I really like the picture!

Kristen said...

Stacey- Thanks for commenting on my blog- nobody ever does. Thank you for the insight on creating time for God and getting everything scheduled in the day. I'm glad that married life is going great. Let's try to get together over the next few weeks for hot chocolate or something!

Talk soon